Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Summer Priorities

This summer will be busy, busy, busy.  Already in the works, I have a trip to Europe, I'll be turning the big 3-0, I will be taking French classes, I have one wedding to attend, and three friends have already planned weekend trips to visit.

As far as spending goes, I've started making my list of needs and wants for my first summer in Ottawa:
NEEDS:
- Money for Europe -- I realize that travel is definitely a want and not a need, but my flights/accommodations are already booked, so I'm committed to going now.
- Bicycle - My gym membership expires in April and instead of renewing it, I will be purchasing a bike so that I can continue getting exercise, but in a more natural environment.  I will hunt on Craigslist/Kijiji/Used Ottawa and don't want to spend more than $100 for the bike and $40 for a trunk mount (I want to be able to drive to different paths around the city/area that just aren't accessible biking on the road to get to).
- Wedding - One of my very good friends from back home is getting married in June at a winery, and I've already setup a wedding fund (currently sits at $125/I will need $260) to pay for a shower gift, gas to get to Niagara-area, a wedding gift, and 1 night hotel, which will be split between 3 other girlfriends.

WANTS:
- Balcony - I would really like a BBQ (here), outdoor rug (here), potted plants, and hanging flower boxes (here), outdoor patio lights....I am guessing in total I will need to save $230.
- Camping - One weekend in July I'd love to go camping somewhere no more than 2 hours away from Ottawa.  Hopefully with someone who actually has camping gear....maybe $150?
- League - I would love to join a softball league during the summer.  I am lacking in the friend department in Ottawa, and I think this will be a good way to meet new people. Approx. $150 + gently used glove.

 
What are you planning for summer?

5 comments:

  1. That's a pretty neat to-do list in Ottawa. Enjoy your summers to the fullest. Luckily, summer has arrived a little early this year, and the temp has already broke a few records.

    Re bikes, you can also check out Used Ottawa for used bikes. Enjoy to the fullest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have a very busy summer but it's great that you have started a list to help get you organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats's great that you're already starting to save for fun summer plans! I can barely plan 2 months in advance! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer travel! I can't wait to read your trip recaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello

      I am a private loan lender and we give out any kind of loan you want with a low interest rate of 2% and ours is $40,000,000.00 maximum and minimum is $10,000 any interested person should please contact us by Via email: james_petersfund@yahoo.com with this information bellow


      First name: _____________________________________
      First name (s): __________________________________
      Gender: _________________________________________
      Marital Status: _________________________________
      Contact Address: ________________________________
      City / Zip: __________________________________
      Country: ________________________________________
      Date of Birth: __________________________________
      Amount Needed as Loan: __________________________
      Loan duration: __________________________________
      Monthly Income / Yearly Income: ___________________
      Occupation: _____________________________________
      Purpose of loan: _______________________________
      Home Phone: ____________________________________
      Phone: _____________________________________
      Did you apply for a loan before? _______________

      Email: james_petersfund@yahoo.com

      thanks for your understanding

      await your response

      Best Regards

      Delete